A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Dear Gavin...First Letter

Dear Gavin,

I am watching you sleep as I'm typing this and I don't even know where to begin. Your daddy and I kept an online diary, or blog about our biggest wish...you.

Once you arrived, I thought about stopping my blog because I wanted to spend all my time with you. I now see that you sleep a lot (so I do have some time to write) and one day I will want you to know how badly we wanted you and just how much we love you. I decided I'd write you monthly letters. It will be fun to track your growth, milestones, and memories. You may appreciate this one day.

Tonight you are two weeks and three days old. You were born August 5, 2013. You weighed 8lbs 8oz and you were 2in long at birth.

We just took you to the doctor's office a few days ago and you were already 9lbs and 21in long! You're growing fast and we can see it!

The first few days we had you home, we were so nervous! Your dad drove super slow on our ride home from the hospital. It was very sweet to see! He wanted to get you home safely and he was nervous.

We had a hard time believing that you are OURS forever. It's an amazing feeling. We love you so, so much already! I wish you could remember everything that has happened, but you won't. Your eighteen year old self may get a kick out of seeing your mommy and daddy analyze everything, make silly mistakes, lose sleep, read the directions on EVERYTHING, etc. We want to be the best mommy and daddy that we can be. As a result, it was a little hectic and crazy your first week home. You're worth every bit of the madness!

I love you so much Gavin Nicholas. Your daddy loves you so much too! I can't wait to write about your life at one month old! 


No comments:

Post a Comment