Dear Gavin,
Mommy feels terrible that she hasn't been a good "blogger" for you lately. You keep us so busy that it seems impossible to write to you. I promise to try to do better. I want you to have these letters and memories of you and the family and friends around you. I want you to remember how special you are and always will be to us.
You are nine months old, buddy! Nine months! I just can't believe it! You are around 22lbs, wearing size four diapers, and 18months in clothing. You're saying, "dada, baba, puhpuhpuhpuh (which I think is for puppy)." You give us kisses when we say, "Gimme me kiss, Give Momma/Dada kisses." You open your mouth and lean right in to give us a wet one on our lips. We absolutely, positively love it! You respond to, "Do you want your baba?"
You are still not doing the typical crawl, but the army crawl. You have been doing this since the end of your seventh month. You are now pulling yourself up to you feet on certain things like Mommy and Daddy's shirt. You will stand, holding on to objects like the coffee table and couch. In the last two weeks, you have learned how to sit on your bottom from any position.
Your dog, Kendi is still your best pal in the world. She is so patient and loving with you. You love to crawl on her, pull her ears, poke her eyes, rock on her, and pet her lips. You even lay on her and rest. Kendi just accepts it. When she has had enough, she gets up and walks away from you. You're so innocent, happy, and pure that it doesn't even phase you. You simply smile, watch her walk away, and then growl and follow after her. It's absolutely precious to witness.
You are eating more and more off of Mommy and Daddy's plates these days. We love having dinner as a family. You enjoy watching Mommy and Daddy talk to each other, trying things we offer, and talking to us. You usually have a dinner dance session and rock side to side. Your doggy has also learned to hang out by your high chair. You'll find her patiently waiting for you to drop something scrumptious!
You are sleeping through the night again after a hit or miss couple months. I was very against you sleeping in our bed until around 7 or eight months. I still didn't care for it because I always worried, but sometimes sleeping with us was the only way you'd sleep. We moved you to your bed permanently in your own room at eight months. You adjusted very well. You still sleep from 6PM to 6AM. Thank you! :0) There are many nights I secretly wish you'd wake up and want to snuggle with Mommy and Daddy like you did months ago. I don't want to disturb you though. You really are comfy in your big boy crib.
You had a little hiccup in the road again with your second ear infection about 3-4 weeks ago. You started getting better towards the end of your antibiotics, but then you took a turn for the worse. You spiked high fevers, quit eating and drinking, and had your Momma and Daddy a mess! We took you to the ER and you were diagnosed with RSV and a double ear infection- the infection never healed and only worsened. It was a terrible experience and reminded us of the hospitalization you had at three months for pneumonia. Mommy spent all of her spring break squirting water into your mouth via syringe and alternating Motrin and Tylenol for days. We were all so exhausted. We kept you hydrated and out of the hospital somehow. We couldn't believe it. You then started feeling better after two terrible weeks of sickness. You gave us a full healthy week, and now you have a cold. Snotty nose and boogers everywhere. We can handle that one.
You are truly a ray of sunshine and infect others with your contagious smile and sweet demeanor. You're such a blessing baby boy!
Daddy and I are enjoying the walks we go on, park dates, and "firsts", like your recent trip to the zoo! You loved the monkeys!
You still like to play with your chain links and you have decided that your cars are now fun. You understand that you can roll them across the floor so it's more interesting to you. You love your blocks set and rock-a-stack.
You snuggle blankies and seem to like your white fuzzy one that Mrs. Keith got you the best.
I also have to note that in the last month, you have shown Mommy and Daddy attitude. Yes, sweet baby...you have an attitude. It's new to us and we're learning how to be patient with you. When you don't like something or get your way, you throw your body back in disapproval. You also like to push and kick our hands off of you. You also show that you are too busy for diaper changes. You want to be moving and diaper changes only slow you down. We have to give you something to keep you entertained during them or you will cry and try to wiggle away from us. You definitely keep us on our toes, Gavin Nicholas.
You are testing the boundaries as well. When you try to get into things you shouldn't, we tell you no and move you from the object. You will continue to go after it and sometimes have a very ornery look on your face.
You enjoy Doc Mcstuffins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Sophia the First.
You love to Skype Grammy and Grandpa Goodwin and PaPa and MeMe Robbins. I think you are the highlight of their day when you Skype them. You certainly are loved little man!
Mommy and Daddy are very excited to be planning your upcoming first birthday! I can't believe it will here in three months. It's bittersweet buddy, very bittersweet.
Mommy still prays to God every single night. I thank God for this day, the food in our bellies, the roof over our heads, the wonderful man you call Daddy and I call my husband, and you sweet Gavin. I pray and ask God to protect you and Daddy, to keep you safe, and to help keep our family close and growing in the right direction. I ask God help guide me in being the best mommy I can be to you. Most of all, I just thank God for what he has given me.
I never forget our story Gavin. Never. You are a sign of hope. A sign of faith. You are the rainbow at the end of our storm. I can't believe that the love we have for you only grows deeper. You will never know how much this love is. My parents, your grandparents said the same thing to me. You won't understand until you have children, should you choose to do so.
Thanks for loving Mommy and Daddy right back, buddy!
You're such a beautiful kid and you melt my heart! Happy Nine Month of Life, Gavin!
Love,
Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment