You've
lost most of your "baby cheeks”, but they're still squishy enough to
make even the biggest of blue eyes squint with a smile.
You can no longer fit in my tummy, where you were snuggled for nine months. You can no longer curl into a ball on my chest while I breathe you in, or be scooped up with one arm, but your long, skinny limbs can wrap around me as I carry you to bed, or comfort your fall. I can still smell your hair when I have to “just talk for one minute”, while I lay next to you after a bedtime story.
You no longer babble, blow raspberries, or point and use a few words, and Mommy and Daddy knew just what you wanted. You now share stories, full of vocabulary about of your day, stories from your imagination, and connections from books. You tell us how much you love us, your brother, your dog, and the rest of your family and friends.
You no longer want Mommy and Daddy to do everything for you, but you ask Mommy and Daddy to watch you as you proudly show us how big of a boy you are.
There are so many changes that are happening within each year that passes. Sometimes I honestly can’t handle it. It reminds me that one day it will be the last of something I’ve done in the past, and that I have to let go more and more. But then I take one look at you and I realize that there are just new things to love and that some things will never change.
You will never go a day without being reminded of how loved you are and you will never go a day unloved. It’s absolutely impossible.
You will never go a day where your safety and well being are never prayed for in our prayers.
You will never go a day where you do not have our support.
You will never go a day where we haven’t thought about how special you are and how thankful we are to have you in our life.
You will never go a day where we don’t expect you to be honest, kind, hardworking, compassionate, empathic, and yourself.
You will never go a day where we don’t expect you to stand tall and not let someone take advantage of you.
Happy 3rd Birthday to our skinny, handsome, loud, outgoing, dancing, big-hearted, bug-collecting, book-reading, ornery, lawn-mowing, popsicle/candy/popcorn loving, motor mouthing, sensitive, caring, baby obsessed, hilarious, brotherly, clumsy, little boy.
We couldn’t be prouder as we watch you grow into who you are supposed to be. Daddy, Mommy, and Benton love you with ever fiber in us, Gavin Nicholas. We’re your biggest fans.
“And the Lord granted me the desires of my heart.”
You can no longer fit in my tummy, where you were snuggled for nine months. You can no longer curl into a ball on my chest while I breathe you in, or be scooped up with one arm, but your long, skinny limbs can wrap around me as I carry you to bed, or comfort your fall. I can still smell your hair when I have to “just talk for one minute”, while I lay next to you after a bedtime story.
You no longer babble, blow raspberries, or point and use a few words, and Mommy and Daddy knew just what you wanted. You now share stories, full of vocabulary about of your day, stories from your imagination, and connections from books. You tell us how much you love us, your brother, your dog, and the rest of your family and friends.
You no longer want Mommy and Daddy to do everything for you, but you ask Mommy and Daddy to watch you as you proudly show us how big of a boy you are.
There are so many changes that are happening within each year that passes. Sometimes I honestly can’t handle it. It reminds me that one day it will be the last of something I’ve done in the past, and that I have to let go more and more. But then I take one look at you and I realize that there are just new things to love and that some things will never change.
You will never go a day without being reminded of how loved you are and you will never go a day unloved. It’s absolutely impossible.
You will never go a day where your safety and well being are never prayed for in our prayers.
You will never go a day where you do not have our support.
You will never go a day where we haven’t thought about how special you are and how thankful we are to have you in our life.
You will never go a day where we don’t expect you to be honest, kind, hardworking, compassionate, empathic, and yourself.
You will never go a day where we don’t expect you to stand tall and not let someone take advantage of you.
Happy 3rd Birthday to our skinny, handsome, loud, outgoing, dancing, big-hearted, bug-collecting, book-reading, ornery, lawn-mowing, popsicle/candy/popcorn loving, motor mouthing, sensitive, caring, baby obsessed, hilarious, brotherly, clumsy, little boy.
We couldn’t be prouder as we watch you grow into who you are supposed to be. Daddy, Mommy, and Benton love you with ever fiber in us, Gavin Nicholas. We’re your biggest fans.
“And the Lord granted me the desires of my heart.”

No comments:
Post a Comment