A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Friday, May 25, 2012

Lab Results for Clomid...

Wendy, from Dr. Figge's office called. My blood work came back and my progesterone level was 4. In order to sustain a baby, it must be 10 or higher. They know that I'm not pregnant, so this isn't a concern. If I were, I have accepted that it would more than likely not work out. They think that I may have ovulated on my own in the last few days, so they want me to wait until Tuesday to see if I have a period on my own. If I start anywhere before Tuesday, I'm allowed to start Clomid on cycle day three. If I don't start by Tuesday, I have to go to the lab here in town, do more blood work (probably my 10th lab), and see where my levels are. If they are lower, I will get to start the Clomid. If not, I think they will induce a cycle so that I have a "clean slate" to start with. I'm not sure on that one yet.


 Nick and I had a lot to talk about. It seems like everyone we've talked to has had twins on Clomid. I would of course embrace twins, but it's very scary! It's of course a higher risk pregnancy, along with PCOS, etc. We both said, if we want to be parents, we want to be parents of twins, one baby, three, etc. We won't be picky. I will admit, we'd like only one at a time, but I would certainly be even more excited to for two! 
Nick and I have similar thinking. We will have to cross that bridge if it comes. Nick and I are very hopeful, but know not to give our hopes up too much. Anything could happen. We are both anxious and excited that we may very well become parents in 1-4 months!

I am not doing as well on the higher dose of Metformin. I can tolerate it, but my my stomach has been upset and I definitely visit the restroom more than I'd like. I can't eat more than a few bites at each meal.
Today is only the third day of the larger dose, so I'm sure it will get better. 

The Metformin seems to be working already! I have been watching what I eat (I'm insulin resistent, impaired glucose tolerance) and have tried to move as much as possible. A symptom of PCOS is rapid weight gain and inability to lose weight. The medicine makes me process food better and lose some weight when I actually try. I'm happy to report that I'm down 15lbs officially! (I had already lost about 8lbs on my own before starting the Metformin). I'm keeping it off! Nick and I are noticing my body changing! I tend to store belly fat (another symptom) and my stomach is starting to thing up a bit! I'm feeling better about myself. 

I'll keep everyone update as to when I'll be starting Clomid. Nick and I did decide that we won't share much more after that. We are hopeful enough that we don't want anyone knowing if we have success, or not. We want to be able to share the news, good or bad ourselves. 

Please continue to pray! It's working! Thank you God, family, and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment