On a brighter side, I lost another pound! I'm -17lbs! I don't feel I look like I've lost weight, especially now. For some reason my stomach blows up while taking Clomid. I have a belly on me to begin with, but it just gets bigger for a bit I've noticed. Ick! Oh well, the scale makes me feel better and I feel better about myself. In fact, I'm going to go work out now!
I'm ok. Really. I was reading about all the options we truly have. I know that if it came down to it, Nick would be willing to do whatever we needed to do to become parents and so would I. I know I'm not alone and we'll have a success story! I was researching some of the best fertility clinics in the Unites States.
Apparently there is a place in Colorado, rated number one. I was pretty impressed! We don't plan on going to that extreme unless we had to but, I read a story about a woman from Egypt, desperate to become a mother at the age of 38, having success! She had four failed IVF cycles prior to visiting this clinic. They have ten researchers, working full time in their clinic. It's nuts! They're even studying my condition more and more so they can figure out why this happens.
I know as of right now, I'm not in the worst shape fertility wise, so I have lots of hope! It will happen for us! I'm young and we started treatment right away. We're climbing the ladder but still at the very, very early stages of fertility!
I'm jumping ahead of myself, but if we HAD to do IVF, Nick and I may or may not have to get a fifth job ha! Here's their quote for IVF. YIKES! The crazy thing, IVF through my specialist is about $18,000 and I'm not sure if that is counting the medication.
Here's the breakdown for this clinic I was reading about:
- $4,000 for the work-up prior to the cycle, possibly covered by your insurance carrier.
- $3,000 -$7,000 for the medications needed during the cycle.
- $12,415 for the IVF cycle itself which includes ultrasounds and blood work during ovarian stimulation, retrieval, transfer and surgical rooms. An additional $430 for anesthesia provided by South Denver Anesthesia Associates.
- $2,600 additional for ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection).
- $975 additional for cryopreservation (freezing) of embryos.
No comments:
Post a Comment