A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Green Light GO!

I just left Dr. Lang's office! It all makes sense now!

When I first saw Dr. Lang and was diagnosed with PCOS with insulin resistance, Nick and I were only at 10 months of trying to conceive. I remember that.

Dr. Lang wasn't allowed to send us to Dr. Figge for "infertility" then because we weren't by definition, infertile, even thought Dr. Lang knew I was. Infertile is a year of trying and no pregnancy. 

I was sent to Dr. Figge for help with the PCOS. Clomid was to help me with ovulation and achieve pregnancy. Apparently Clomid is still considered diagnostics. After three failed rounds of Clomid, we're done. They said after three rounds, chances are that pregnancy won't happen by this alone. We finished our last round of Clomid last month. We're now on a required Clomid break. During the Clomid break is when you're supposed to check back in with your Reproductive Endocrinologist, regular OBGYN, etc.

I was panicked yesterday because my insurance said they wouldn't allow any further treatment until Dr. Lang approved it and recommended that I continue with Figge. I was scared that Dr. Lang would tell me to lose 30 more pounds. (He wanted me to lose 50lbs the last time he saw me and I'm -20lbs since).He saw me today, told me he could see that I had lost, and told me to keep up the good work. He said I'm still overweight and fears preclampsia and gestational diabetes but is willing to approve further fertility treatment if I promise to continue taking care of myself. DEAL! :0)

Nick and I are now at 14 months of trying for a baby. I was considered infertile at 12 months. Dr. Lang can now resend me to Dr. Figge, but for infertility (even though we were doing that before, but now it's official for insurance purposes).

I am now approved for assisted reproductive technology, or ART. I will meet with Dr. Figge, have an HSG done to see if we have any other issues, and then we move on to injections and artificial insemination (IUI).

I also called insurance. EVERYTHING will be covered as long as Dr. Figge deems it necessary! I already know he feels IUI is a must. The only things not covered are donor eggs, donor sperm, embryo freezing (which we will do if we have to go through IVF), and surrogate mothers. I have no maximum on our treatment. They basically said that eventually Figge will say enough is a enough and nothing more I do will get you pregnant. That is when insurance is done covering.

Basically I think we'll be fine getting covered, but we have to do lots of pre authorizations first! We have to do much calling and going back and forth, but it is worth it!

I will now celebrate by cuddling with my amazing husband as we both thank God for answering our prayers- allowing us to go on with fertility treatment.

I'll try calling tomorrow to set up the Figge appointment. I think the first one will be another consultation, the next would be the HSG, and then the following one would be IUI I'm assuming!

Wish us luck! Thank you for the prayers! 

1 comment: