A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Baby is Safe! Needing Prayers for Healing to Keep it That Way

As I posted earlier, I had some light spotting this morning when I woke up. I went the the restroom, wiped, and noticed it. I immediately cried and ran to our room to wake Nick up. He looked at my tissue and agree that the glob was brown and looked a bit like blood. I called the emergency number for Dr. Raconne's office. They took my message, called Raconne and Raconne called me back right away. She told me I was more than likely ok but said she'd schedule an ultrasound just to be safe and give me reassurance.

I went in for an ultrasound at 10:00 at Advanced Imaging. The tech was meant to be there that day. She kept me calm and happened to be a former patient of Dr. Figge. She had to do IVF for her first and then had a surprise miracle just five months ago. She was very sweet to us and told us she knew exactly where we were coming from.

 She did a belly ultrasound and it worked! She told me ten weeks was about the time belly ultrasounds could be done but didn't always work for everyone. The baby is up higher on my belly than we thought! I really am growing and pregnant! :0) The baby measured right on target at 10 weeks, 1 day. The heartbeat was 165. He/she was moving and waving his arms around. Everything looked good except for one thing.

The tech noted that I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. She explained to me what it was but told me that the doctor would be the one to really listen to. She said that she had one and mine was very small. She said most often, people go on to have healthy pregnancies and babies with this but it does make me a higher risk.

She gave us a cd of pictures and said she wanted us to have a video of our baby. She let us watch him for a while so she could get a good video of him/her playing in there. She put the video on our cd.

As soon as we left, I got the call from a member in Dr. Raconne's office. She told me that I had a small basically blood clot where the placenta has pulled off of my uterus. She said that she has told three other patients this week that they had the same thing. She said it happen and many times, everything turns out to be just fine. She said I'm now a bit higher risk for miscarriage but they would be watching me closely. I can't lift of course and no intercourse. I don't do either because I'm scared anyway. There is no known cause for it. She said there was nothing that I did wrong to make this happen. I still have my appointment on Monday with Dr. Raconne and I'll have another ultrasound in 1-2 weeks to check on the bleeding and to see if the clot became larger or if it's healing.

How am I feeling? I'm happy and scared to death all at once. I could have been given the news that our baby was no longer alive today and that's not what I heard. I heard, "Baby is perfect!" That he/she is. So perfect. I'm scared because the baby is a bit more at risk. I can't freak out or worry about it though because I feel like I'm in a protective mode. I'm going to relax and keep a peaceful environment for this baby.

I'm staying off of Google. I went to one place for info and that's all I'm doing. http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/complications/subchorionic-bleeding.aspx

Please pray with us that things heal and baby continues to be growing. Here are the pics and video of today's visit. Absolutely beautiful. My child is absolutely beautiful.




1 comment:

  1. I see a nose in that profile shot! Good sign! Looks soo cute. We had a girl who had a SCH bigger than the gestational sac and her little boy was the biggest one born in the group!

    ReplyDelete