A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Back to Work and the Vom Fear!

Well folks, I have prayed and prayed to "feel pregnant" and it has come! Around eight weeks, my belly started being upset. It wasn't a big deal, but I noticed that I just didn't feel 100% when it came to how food was settling. I threw up on Christmas and the day after. It then went away for a few days. I obviously became worried at the loss of symptoms. I stayed calm and decided I'd just pray and pray for our baby to be healthy, happy, and growing.

About five days ago, it came back and with a vengeance ha! I have had a difficult time keeping anything down. I have been sick from the minute I wake and then it goes on and off all day between feeling queasy or just vomiting whatever I put in my stomach.

 It has been more amusing than anything. My husband finds it hilarious and I can't help but laugh with him. I prayed for this and God is giving me my sign. I'm honestly very thankful. Do I enjoy throwing up? Of course not! But, I feel no reason to complain because a beautiful little baby inside of me is making me feel like this! I have also read that morning sickness is a good sign that things are going well. I know that if you don't have it, it doesn't mean anything. It also doesn't mean things are perfect if you do have it. I just like that "statistically speaking" morning sickness is good!

Today is the first day since it started that I have felt pretty good! I have learned some tricks to try to help. My only concern is teaching. I'm obviously not telling my students until I can't hide it anymore. If  things continue this way, I WILL throw up in class. I am at the very end of the school with no bathroom near me. I guess my game plan is to set a trashcan outside my room and step out if needed. "I have an upset stomach today."(If asked...)

Is that believable? ;0)

I have been doing several tricks here to help me at school:

- Eat crackers as soon as I wake up in the morning.
- Don't eat and drink at the same time.
- Sherbert makes my belly feel good!
- Ginger Ale has helped along with 7 Up
- Vanilla Wafers, Animal Crackers, and salty chips help too!

Any other suggestions? 

I'm enjoying every moment with this baby. Nick and I rub my belly and talk to our little grape-sized miracle. Grow baby grow!

Please keep praying with us! We need all of you so much! We appreciate everything!


1 comment:

  1. PEPPERMINTS!! Oh girl, I keep a handful with me at all times. They work. My mom said the spearmint or wintergreen lifesavers worked for her. Some women find that lemon heads work for them. You can also get "Preggie pops" from a few locations, not sure where though. Ginger snaps and ginger candies should help too. And, I also used ginger capsules with the minor nausea with my 2nd. This time around it's peppermints, bland foods like boiled chicken and plain pasta. I also got sea bands from Walmart that seem to work pretty good.

    ReplyDelete