A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Monday, January 14, 2013

First OB Appointment 10w5d= That Beautiful Sound

Today's appointment brought much happiness and relief. We got into our appointment right away. Dr Raconne came in, introduced herself, and first went over my history. She then asked Nick and I to share any questions we may have. I of course shared my fear of loss, coming and going of symptoms, the "100 sit ups" feeling I sometimes get, etc. I told her I felt like if we didn't have such a hard time getting pregnant to begin with and a loss not long ago, I have a hard time just being pregnant and accepting that things may go well. She told me that she can't say something is impossible but said it is rare to lose a baby after ten weeks. She talked to me about what is normal and what's not. She reassured me that the tear is very, very small. She thought the entire area of it was less than 1cm. She said it will most likely heal soon and there's nothing to worry about unless it became worse. She said many women have them and only know because ultrasounds pick up the image of the hemorrhage. She decided to take me off of Metformin. I'd normally be afraid to take away my "security blankets" but I really trust her. She said that she'd do a glucose test on me in two weeks to see how I do. If I should I need it, she'll put me back on it. If the test goes well, I'll repeat the glucose test during the second trimester. I had my pap of course. She then told me that we'd find a heart beat via doppler between 10-12 weeks. She said we'd try for it. I asked if Nick could record and she said, "Sure! Just let me first find it and then I'll tell him to record." It took no time! She put the fun jelly on my belly and with one turn she picked up our baby's heartbeat! She said just from listening, it's about 165 beats! She also said my uterus was measuring about 11 weeks. She basically told me there was no more reason to worry right now and to enjoy. She gave me the do's and don'ts (exercise, eating habits, etc) and said if all goes well at next week's scan, she'd tell us the gender of our baby at 20weeks!


I have an ultrasound on the 25th, lab work (glucose tolerance test, cystic fibrosis screening, thyroid test, and a few more) on the 30th, and our next OB appointment on February 11th.

I am so unbelievably happy. I am so thankful. I am so in love. Thank you, thank you, thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment