How Far Along: 18 weeks, 0 days
How Big is Baby: What
to Expect When Expecting: "Your pregnancy back pain
may have you tied up in knots (see below), but your baby's getting
ready to bust a move. At five and a half inches long and five ounces in
weight, he now may be large enough for you to feel him twisting,
rolling, kicking, and punching his way around the womb. Plus, he's
developing yawning and hiccupping skills (you may feel those soon, too!)
and his own unique set of toe and fingerprints. Learn more about your baby in week 18 and the fetal nervous system. At 18 weeks pregnant,
your baby is hitting the height chart at five and a half inches long
(remember, that's crown to rump) and weighs about five ounces (the
weight of that boneless chicken breast you're making for dinner). And
now for the skill of the week (drum roll please…): The art of the yawn
has been mastered by your baby (someone's sleepy!). In fact, you might
catch a glimpse of that adorable yawn if you're getting an ultrasound
this month. You'll also catch a glimpse of all the fetal movement
your baby's doing — twists, rolls, kicks, and punches. And would you
believe your baby is finally big enough for you to start feeling those
movements now (or anytime in the next few weeks). So get ready!
Weight Gain/Loss: +11lbs
Something you won't see on the ultrasound, but you'll know is in
working order, is your baby's nervous system, which is maturing rapidly
at this time. Nerves, now covered with a substance called myelin (which
speeds messages from nerve cell to nerve cell), are forming more
complex connections. And those in the brain are further specializing
into the ones that serve the senses of touch, taste, smell, sight, and
hearing. Talking about hearing, your baby's is growing more acute,
making your little one more conscious of sounds that come from inside
your body (which means you could both be listening to each other hiccup
— a skill that your baby has by now)."
Weight Gain/Loss: +11lbs
Maternity Clothes: I
am wearing maternity jeans and my new work pants should be in any day now. My belly is
starting to push out now! I need the ones that go over the entire belly.
I didn't want those at first but the elastic band on my jeans doesn't
feel good when I sit down.
Stretch Marks: I THINK some of my old ones are turning red again.
Sleep: I have been having weird dreams lately and I still toss and turn a bit. I'm staying on my left side or ending up on my back.
Best Moment of the Week:
Movement: I'm still having very few and far in between moments of feeling baby very quickly. It's usually a quick poke or a quiver that I feel.
Symptoms: I have sore back, some mild pressure, round ligament pain, sore breasts, and an appetite of a trucker, growing belly.
Food Cravings: Cottage cheese, fruits, A&W Diet root beer, DQ blizzards
Gender: I still think it's a boy and Daddy still thinks girl. I'm starting to wonder if Daddy is right! We'll know on March 25th!
Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: I basically only feel sick when I'm hungry. If I don't eat right away, I throw up or feel sick to my belly.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button In or Out? In
Wedding Rings On or Off? On
Mood: Happy, Excited, Anxious, Impatient
Looking Forward To:
I'm eager for my OB appointment on the 11th. I want to hear Baby
Shehorn's heart beat again with the OB. I REALLY can't wait until our anatomy scan!
We'll get to see our little boy or girl again! We're getting closer and
closer baby!Picture of Mommy-to-Be:

No comments:
Post a Comment