A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sickness and Impatient

I woke up with a terrible sinus headache and pressure within my face last Thursday. I was too scared to be put on an antibiotic so I called the OB. They told me I wouldn't hurt the baby if I didn't go and I wouldn't hurt the baby if I did go.

I stayed home from work that day and slept, drank lots of what, used a Neti Pot, etc. I felt better. I decided I was getting through this on me own and would return to work on Friday. Friday was ok during the day and then by Friday night, I felt great! I even went to a movie with hubby.

When Saturday morning came around (around 3AM), I felt MISERABLE! The sinus infection had moved to my chest. My lungs were completely full and I couldn't breathe.

I broke down and took Sudafed on early on in the week. I cried of course because I haven't had a single drop of medication since I found out I was pregnant. I thought I was getting better but the pain in my throat and throbbing in my head was telling me it's time to throw in the towel and go to the doctor.

I was able to get in yesterday right after school. I was put on Amoxicillin for a sinus/respiratory infection. I had to have about three or four professionals tell me to relax before I accepted that I needed the medicine. I know it wouldn't be given to me if it weren't safe. I know sometimes medicine is safer for baby, than the mother to suffer. (i.e. pain and discomfort can raise blood pressure which could hurt the baby). It was just hard for me.

I know that what happened in September had nothing to do with what I did, my environment, etc. but it's so hard not to be paranoid about the safety of this baby. Things are going so well that I'm scared to rock the boat.

I know this is just an irrational fear but I couldn't help it yesterday. I know the coughing and hacking probably wasn't good for him/her either. So what's done is done. I have to trust my doctors and more importantly, trust in God and our baby's strength.

Speaking of strength...

I'm missing baby's kicks! We had such an exciting night the other night with baby kicking and causing my stomach to visibly move. I have been dying to have the feeling again. I didn't feel a thing last night. From what I understand, it's perfectly normal for the movement to be inconsistent and not as noticeable some days. It's a bit nerve-wrecking but I have to be patient. He/she is still growing into a body, that will soon be so strong that I don't miss a single movement. I'm thankful for my fetal doppler. I can check on baby every morning for that reassurance.

Well we're within a few days of knowing the gender of our miracle. I am too excited for anything right now ha!

Please keep praying with us and cheering Jossely or Gavin on! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Try ice cold water then laying down on your left side! I know every baby is different but this seems to get Boston going!

    ReplyDelete