A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Gavin is 2 MONTHS on 10-5-13!

Dear Gavin,

I cannot believe you are two months old today! Time is going by so quickly and I want it to slow down. I do look forward to all of your milestones, but it's also a little sad knowing that you're growing so fast. I have been looking at you lately and wishing I could keep you like this forever. A few days ago, I asked your daddy, "How old will he be when he doesn't want to cuddle with us anymore?" Your daddy laughed and told me I had plenty of time before I had to worry. He then told me you'd want to cuddle until you were ten. I wasn't happy with Daddy's answer. It's just not enough time. When I hold you, I think that I could hold you forever. I'll hold you even when you're a man if you'll let me. That's how much Momma needs you and needs to love you!

You have changed so much from September 5th!

You are still a hungry boy! You are currently eating four-to five ounces every three to four hours (usually 5oz every four hours). Mommy is still sad about breastfeeding. Many people have encouraged me to "give up" since I'm not making much, but I feel like I'm still doing my best, even if I can only mix an ounce of breast milk into your formula bottle a couple times a day. I do not make enough for your big appetite and I have chosen not to pump at work. It was a hard decision, but I decided that getting my work done at school was important. I want to leave my work at work and be the most available mommy I can be when I get home. It works for all of us so far. We also switched your formula. You used to drink Enfamil Newborn, but you're now taking Enfamil Gentalease because you were getting such severe gas and belly aches. It seems to be helping! You have had less gassy nights that made you cry and you are going poop 1-3 times a day again! One thing Daddy and I have learned as parents...we often get excited about poop! I guess you'll one day understand!

Speaking of work...I went back to work on September 26th. It was one of the hardest days in my life. I cried a week or two before it actually came and bawled the day I had to tell you, "I'll see you later." Every time someone asked about you, I cried. Mommy just wanted to come home to you. Once my students came into the classroom, I was a bit better. I continued to cry each time I left you for a couple days. Now I go to work knowing that I must remember my career is a blessing and you make coming home even better! I miss you all day long and talk about you nonstop. Daddy sends me pictures of you to keep me happy while I'm away. He's a sweet man! I know you'll be just as sweet as your daddy!

A couple weeks before I went back to work, we found out your babysitter was sick. She is unable to care for you. We were sad for her and asked God to heal her. We also prayed that you will go back to her when she is feeling better. Mommy and Daddy were very stressed because we had to find a temporary sitter that would watch you under such special circumstances. We interviewed a nice lady named Suzy. She'll be taking care of you until your other sitter is better. MeMe came to watch you during my first week back to school. Your Grammy Goodwin is now up here for this week. You're so loved by both of your grandmas!

We're really starting to see your personality. You are such a happy, smiley baby! Daddy and I get so excited to get you from your crib in the morning. Your early morning, start my day smile is THE BEST! It's the biggest smile, you bat your eyes, and it's enough to break the strongest person. You are cooing and screeching so much! You have a few favorite toys. You have a squid named, Captain Calimari that makes you smile and coo. You also love your glow sea horse. We play it at every diaper changing so it's usually kept on your changing table. Mommy recently purchased you a glow fish tank. You LOVE it! We can put you in your big boy crib and you'll stare at it for a long time. You have also noticed the monster mobile in your crib. That keeps you smiling and cooing, too! Everything you do is ooh'd and ahh'd over! You bring so much joy to everyone around you, especially Momma and Daddy!

You sleep very well! We put you down around 8PM for bedtime and you fall asleep on your own! You get up for your first (and often only) feeding around 1-2AM and go right back down until 5-8AM. You aren't a fan of day time naps. We try to get you to take them because if you don't, you're very fussy and overstimulated right before bedtime. You had about a week of being "off" with naps. You wouldn't stay asleep for more than ten minutes at a time! You only slept if Mommy or Daddy held you! :0) I didn't complain too much about that one! In the last couple days, you have gone back to taking decent naps during the day.

You have not only Mommy, but Daddy wrapped around your finger. Daddy kisses you like crazy and tells you how cute you are all the time. He loves your feet! He's always looking at your feet and going gaga over them! We love your chunky cheeks that hang off of your little face. You have such big, blue, beautiful eyes and a smile that is so contagious! We're willing to do anything silly to get you to smile that big smile of yours!

You are so alert! You watch things even far away. You move your arms and legs erratically when excited! You still like tummy time and baths, which makes Mommy happy! You will be getting your first set of shots on October 8th. I'm so nervous for that but I know you'll do well! I'm anxious to see what you weigh and how long you are! You're two months old and three months clothing barely fits! You're so long! Three to six month clothing is what we'll have to start buying you. You're almost into a size two diaper! You have to be over 12lbs by now!

The only concerns Mommy and Daddy have had this month is a little fit you sometimes like to throw. You will scream and hold your breath to the point that your little face turns red. It scares Mommy and Daddy. We have to lightly blow on your face to get you to take a deep breath. You sometimes get so worked up that you gag and choke. Everyone tells us babies do this, but boy is it scary! I am wondering if you have a little bit of a temper sometimes Mr. Gavin!

You doggy is getting used to you. She lays on the floor next to you while you play. She is learning that she has to share Mommy and Daddy with her new brother. We hope the two of you are the best of friends!

Mommy and Daddy take you on walks daily! We sometimes take you twice a day. You enjoy looking around and it usually puts you into a nice nap! We spent one day at the canal and it was absolutely beautiful! I hope you enjoy the outdoors and nature as much as we do! I'm sure you will since we already talk about camping, fishing, and hunting trips!

Life with you gets better and better Gavin Nicholas! We are so in love with you and hope you will always know that. We hope you'll always know how much we wanted you in our life. It's so hard to think about what life was like before you came into the world. We have so many hopes and dreams for you. We hope to give you a wonderful life- full of love and happiness!

You're my baby always and forever,

Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment