A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...

A Journey of HOPE and FAITH in one day sharing our love with our child...
And what a beautiful journey it is...

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Gavin is 3 MONTHS on 11-5-13!

Dear Gavin,

You are currently asleep because you are such a busy bee! I can't wait to share who you are and what your life is like this month!

As I say in every letter to you- time is going by so quickly! It's always, always so bittersweet. I want you to stay little forever, but your Daddy and I also look forward to all your fun milestones!

I have loved and enjoyed you at every stage in your life more than you'll ever know, but I must say this is my favorite stage so far! You have QUITE the personality!

I would have to say that you are the happiest baby I have ever met! You are constantly smiling and eager to interact with someone. You are now "yelling" at Mommy and Daddy with your big shouts, squeals, coos, and growls. You will go on and on as long as we let you or until you're ready for a nap! The talking is just about nonstop! When you wake up from naps, you're quiet but you slowly work your way to a full on conversation. We LOVE it! You had some of your first belly laughs in the last couple of days. Daddy was taking your hands and saying, "First you put the food in your mouth (putting your hands up to your mouth)....and THEN YOU PUT IT IN YOUR BELLY (Daddy moves your hands to your belly and tickles it). You started to giggle over this! The second time I/we ever noticed your belly laugh was during Halloween. Mommy was dipping her head forward to "get your belly" and I think you found my hair flying all around hilarious! You started giving me belly laughs then. I was even able to get it on video! It brings so much joy and love to our hearts. I'm so happy that you're happy. It makes us feel like we're doing a good job of raising you in a loving, nurturing home. Your Daddy and I soon realized that we'll do ANYTHING to see you smile and laugh like that. Your Daddy is completely in love with you and your smile. You LOVE to play with Daddy the most I think. You enjoy cuddling Momma the most.

You were Baby Frankenstein for your first Halloween. Mommy dressed you up after she picked you up for your sitter's house. You sat on the couch by the candy bowl and greeted the trick-or-treaters. Many of Mommy's students and their adult(s) came in to meet you. They thought you were so cute! I would have to agree! Mommy's friend, Nicole also helped us out! Daddy had to work and was bummed he missed the evening, but he sure enjoyed the pictures of you! He is saving his last vacation day to be home with us over Mommy's Thanksgiving break. Speaking of Halloween, Daddy and I carved a pumpkin for you two weeks before Halloween. You tried to stay up with us, but you were just too little and pooped out. We listened to Halloween songs on a family radio station, danced, and talked. Daddy's pumpkin had a skull on it. Mommy's was a cyclops. Mommy free handed your pumpkin and Daddy carved it out. We decided to do a silly pumpkin face on yours because it best described you and Mommy didn't want anything scary on yours.

You are still such a big, growing boy. Size two diapers fit you well! You're currently wearing 6 months sleepers, and usually 3-6 months in other clothes. Some of your socks are starting to get smaller on you. You are currently eating 5oz of formula every four hours, but you take two 6oz bottles twice in a day (one right before you go to bed and one during your one late night/early morning feeding). You have been getting hungrier short of four hours lately, so Daddy and I are thinking that you may be moving on to 6oz for every feeding!

You only get up once to eat! You usually go to bed between 7 and 8 and wake up about six hours later to eat. Mommy and Daddy really appreciate that! :0)

You definitely have discovered your hands! You started out staring at them for long periods of time. You now can't keep them out of your mouth! You are a HUGE slobber machine, too! We have recently started putting bibs on you because you will soak an entire outfit! You have to chew, chew, chew on your hands. I am hoping it's not an early sign of teething! You also moved on from the Avent Soothie pacey and you now take a big boy one (NUK)! You can hold on to your pacey much better now! You also reach for your toys! We love it! We can now play with you even more and watch the excitement on your face when you see a toy you want to play with or get a hold of. You have a few new favorite toys. You love the play mat that your MeMe bought you. It's very colorful and full of toys to admire. You also love this tiny stuffed raccoon looking monster that Mommy's friend, Nicole bought you. You snuggle it and bring it up to your face. It's so cute! One day while we were at Walmart, you roped your Daddy into buying you a giraffe head on a rattle stick. It made you squeal and smile while you were in the cart. Daddy felt like he HAD to get it for you!

As of right now, Mommy finds it pretty funny, but you love to watch t.v. with your Daddy! You even like all of the hunting shows that Mommy finds boring! Daddy whispers secrets into your ears and jokingly tells you that you don't have to listen to me, or he tells you to say naughty things to me. It's pretty funny, but one day I may have to get annoyed with your Daddy because you may just understand what he's saying and then the two of you with be mischievous together! It won't be so funny then. Ah...even then, I'm sure the two of you will find ways to keep me from ever getting angry.

You have Skyped your Grammy and Grandpa Goodwin, MeMe and PaPa Robbins, and Great Gma Farnam a few times recently. They love to watch you and talk to you.

You started going to your babysitter full time as of yesterday. You seem to really like Suzy and that makes Mommy and Daddy happy! It's very hard to be away from you, but we are happy that Suzy likes to take care of you! She tells us that you have a girlfriend! Mommy was a little jealous! ;0) You play with a six-month-old little girl. You have also made friends with two toddler boys. They greet you every morning and wave goodbye to you every evening. They are super sweet! They called you, "Baby Guy" before they were able to say, "Baby Gavin." It made Mommy smile! The first time I ever picked you up, they shouted that your mommy was here. They even told you, "Gavin! You're Mommy's here!" It made Mommy cry. Hearing other children refer to me as your mommy meant the world to me. I'm so, so, so lucky to be YOUR mommy.

Mommy and Daddy really enjoy reading to you. Even though your a baby, you pay attention to the books! You look at every picture and you either talk to the pictures or you sit very quietly, listen, and watch. I am addicted to buying you new books to read! I should slow down because Mommy has over 100 picture books in the basement that she stored in case she taught at a primary level. We need to start reading all of those! I hope you love reading as you grow up! It's one of the best things you can do for yourself! We recently read, The Monster Who Lost His Mean by















No comments:

Post a Comment